OIAA Board of Trustees Meeting Agenda 08 November 2022
OIAA Board Meeting Agenda 08 November 2022
Gwen M – Chairperson
Jane G – Vice Chairperson
Barry M – Secretary
Jeff B – Alternate Secretary
Brian R– Treasurer
Spencer W – Finance Chair
Mark M – Technology Chair
- Serenity Prayer:
- Call to Order: Gwen
- Approval of the minutes:
- Chair’s Report: Gwen
- Old business:
- Committee Chair Nominations – establish procedure:
- In keeping with Bylaws Section 5.06. Committee Chairs. All committees shall nominate a candidate for the position of committee chair and submit their nominations to the Board, to be voted on by the Board in keeping with these Bylaws.
- Board vote to accept Paula D as Chair of the CPC Committee (introduced to the board last month) – this will be the first instance of the application of this change to OIAA’s bylaws and will establish precedent and suggested best practice
- Communication due to membership
- Status of the IRS Reinstatement (Sept New Business Agenda Item #2).
- Next Steps
- OIAA’s ProBono attorney will file the Bylaws with the State of NJ to validate OIAA is in compliance with the NJ Non-profit laws.
- Draft communication to IRS explaining what went wrong, what has been done to fix it over the past 4 years, and the emergence of institutionalized governance best practices so such failures don’t happen or are rapidly remediated.
- The Bylaws will be submitted to the IRS to have our 501c3, tax-exempt status reinstated.
- Access to Minutes of the Board Meetings
- Secretary’s Report: Barry / Jeff
- New Business:
- Finance: Brian / Spencer
- Draft 2023 Budget Presentation:
- Job Descriptions
- Guidelines Adhoc: Jane
- See attachment OIAA Board Decisions _ Recommendations on Guidelines
- Confirm items on 12/3 Assembly Agenda: Gwen
- Operational Best Practice: Gwen / Jane
- Discuss suggested protocol for committee chair participation when attending Board meetings. To be distributed to prior to the Dec. Board meeting.
- Ibero-American Online Convention Idea for 2023: Jeff
- Other new business?
Closing – Declaration of Unity:
This we owe to A.A.’s future: To place our common welfare first; To keep our fellowship united. For on A.A. unity depend our lives; And the lives of those to come.
Please join us:
Board: Mark your calendars for the next meeting on November 8, 2022 @ 5:00 EST
Committee Chairs: Mark your calendars and please join us on December 13, 2022 @ 5:00 EST