Back to: Descriptions & Qualifications
This is an archive page for the OIAA 3 December 2022 Elections.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Vice-Chairperson acts as Chairperson in the absence of the Chairperson.
- The Vice-Chairperson is the liaison between the Board and the standing committees to collects timely committee reports to deliver to the Board as stated in Section 5.05 of the Bylaws.
- The Vice-Chairperson is a non-voting member of the standing committees. S/he provides guidance as necessary to align the committee func-tions with the spiritual nature of the Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Provides committee chairs with the materials and resources from AA’s General and World Services
- A sober member of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Experience in group, intergroup/central office, institutional and/or general service affairs
- A sound understanding and appreciation of applying the Steps, the Traditions and the Concepts of Alcoholics Anonymous, along with a willingness to consult with others who have a wealth of experience gained through applying these guiding principles suc-cessfully to problems
- Experience in chairing business or service meetings.
- Excellent Communication skills: Written, Speaking, Listening
- Leadership qualities – See Concept IX, Twelve Concepts for World Service, pages C27-C32
- Sensitivity to the wishes of the member groups