Back to: Descriptions & Qualifications 2023
Duties & Responsibilities: (From Bylaws, Subsection 4.01(b): Vice Chairperson.)
The Vice Chairperson acts as Chairperson in the absence of the Chairperson. The Chairperson may delegate responsibilities to the Vice Chairperson, including the Chairperson’s position as ex officio member of the standing committees, as the Chairperson deems advisable and agreed upon.
Eligibility & Qualifications
- A sober member of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Experience in group, intergroup/central office, institutional and/or general service affairs
- A sound understanding and appreciation of applying the Steps, the Traditions and the Concepts of Alcoholics Anonymous, along with a willingness to consult with others who have a wealth of experience gained through applying these guiding principles suc-cessfully to problems
- Experience in chairing business or service meetings.
- Excellent Communication skills: Written, Speaking, Listening
- Leadership qualities – See Concept IX, Twelve Concepts for World Service, pages C27-C32
- Sensitivity to the wishes of the member groups
Anyone who has served in an OIAA service position is eligible to serve as an Intergroup Officer. No person may hold more than one Intergroup office at a time, nor may any Officer save concurrently as Alternate. No officer may serve concurrently as an IGR. All Officers must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.